Divisions - Tax Commission
Tax Commission is closed to the public until further notice.
- Original Title- Purchaser information must be completed and Sellers signature must be notarized and purchase price must be completed. Dealership sales papers must be included/Bill of Sale. All papers behind Title must be submitted to Tax Commission.
- Lien Entry Form - if there is a loan on the vehicle with Tribal Member listed.
- Copy of Tribal Member’s driver license with current address and must match the address listed on the lien entry form.
- Copy of Tribal Member’s CDIB.
- Copy of Insurance Verification.
- Tribal Member’s phone number for Tax Commission to call to take payment.
- New Vehicle registration completed by mail only at this time. The Tax Commission does not have a fax machine.
- Copy of Insurance Verification.
- Copy of Tribal Member’s driver’s license with current address if changing the address of record.
- Authorization from Lien Holder to change the address of record if there is a loan on the vehicle.
- Tribal Member’s phone number to call to take payment over the phone.
- Vehicle renewal only being completed by mail or email only at this time. The Tax Commission no longer has a fax machine.
Located inside Building 64, 881 Little Dee Road, Pawnee OK.
The Pawnee Nation Tax Commission serves the Pawnee Nation through the issuance of tags and the sale of merchandise depicting the Pawnee culture.
The Pawnee Nation Tax Commission is responsible for the collection of sales tax fees on merchandise/liquor sales on tribal land. It also collects revenues on oil and gas sales on Pawnee Nation jurisdictional land. The Revenues collected are utilized by the Pawnee Nation and the Pawnee Business Council to supplemental Tribal programs and Tribal operational needs.
Changes to Tax Code
- Increase tax rates by 15% on registrations. Additionally, increase vehicle tax bracket cap from $15,000 to $80,000, and implement brackets in between. Rates have never been increased since the Nation started issuing tags during the mid 1990's.
- Assess a 1.5 % excise tax on first year registration of vehicle. Excise tax to be based on the actual purchase price as long as it falls within 20% above or below the average NADA retail value of the vehicle. Tax Commission requested this tax be used to support the Tax Commission staff and Cultural Resources Department.
- Enrolled Pawnee Nation Elders, 65 years of age and up, shall be entitled to annually register two vehicles at a discount of 25% per tag. All other vehicles will be registered at the regular rate.
Pawnee Nation Veterans Sales Tax Exemption
Enrolled Pawnee Tribal Veterans certified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to receive disability compensation at the 100 percent rate as permanently disabled due to injury sustained through military action can claim exemption from the sales tax. This exemption applies to the sale of tangible personal property or services provided to Pawnee enrolled veterans up to $25,000. To claim tax exemption, individuals need to contact the Pawnee Nation Tax Commission to execute a statement under oath before a Pawnee Nation Tax Office staff member. Individuals must present a Department of Veterans Affairs certification, picture identification card, and a Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood to execute the statement of oath.
Returned Check Fee Notice
It is the policy of the Pawnee Nation Tax Commission to add a returned check fee of $25 paid by cashier’s check or money order. After 30 days, unresolved cases will be referred to the Pawnee Nation Attorney General for prosecution.
Pawnee Nation Merchandise
Prices do not include shipping
Energy Resource Protection
Services are available on weekends by appointment only.
Tax Commission - (918) 762-3624
Pawnee Nation Tax Commission
PO Box 438
Pawnee, OK 74058
Download Forms (PDF)