Divisions - Higher Education Program
The Higher Education program or scholarship program is to provide supplemental financial assistance to enrolled members of the Pawnee Tribe that are pursuing a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution of higher learning. Applicants must satisfy all Federal Bureau of Indian Affairs requirements as specified in the application packet in order to determine eligibility.
- Be a member of the Pawnee Nation of Oklahoma. Students must provide a proof of tribal membership.
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have a financial need as determined by the eligible institution's financial aid office according to the U.S. Department of Education's formula.
- Must apply for all available financial aid.
- The completed application must be submitted by the deadline (see below).
The following documents must be submitted:
- Completed Application Form (see below)
- Tribal Membership Verification
- Letter of Acceptance from an Eligible Institution
- High School Transcript or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Transcripts from the previous term of attendance
- Financial Need Analysis Form - this must be completed by the Financial Aid department of an eligible institution indicating an unmet need
- Letter of Intent
- Class Schedule
- Selective Service Verification is required for all males
HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATIONS:
Higher Education Application Deadlines:
Please turn all applications into firstname.lastname@example.org
American Indian College Fund
American Indian Education Foundation
American Indian Graduate Center
American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) Scholarship
American Indian Services
Association on American Indian Affairs
Catching the Dream
Continental Society Daughters of Indian Wars, Inc. (The Native American Scholarship)
International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons, Inc. North American Indian Department/Scholarship
National Museum of the American Indian Young Native Writers Essay Contest
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (Daughters of the American Revolution)
Native Health Initiative “Education is Ceremony” College Scholarship
Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association Scholarship (Must be a child an OIGA Employee)
Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development Scholarships
Native American Finance Officers Association Scholarship
The American Indian Nurse Scholarship Awards
Native American Journalist Association (NAJA)
Truman D. Picard Scholarship (Intertribal Timber Council)
Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference Memorial Scholarship Fund (go to website OIMC)
Presbyterian Native American Education Grants; Presbyterian Office of Financial Aid for Studies
The Udall Scholarship
The Pawnee Nation Higher Education Program is not currently accepting Graduate applications as we have not received any allocations since 2017. We continue to advocate for additional funding.
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact our offices. Thank you.
Suzy Knife Chief, Division Director
(918) 762-3227 Ext. 224
Jessica LeadingFox, Youth Services Coordinator
(918) 762-3227 Ext. 226
Louise Stevens, Adult Services Coordinator
(918) 762-3227 Ext. 225
Education Committee Members
Patrick Moore Jr
Fancy Teter-Student representative
Suzy Knife Chief-Staff Support
Like us on Facebook at: Pawnee Nation Education
Click on this link for the Pawnee Nation College Website.